One of my new friends on Dailymile asked if I would do a product review of the running dresses I choose to run in and I said absolutely. I wear one every single time that I run or go to the gym. They are designed and made by nuu-muu.com.
Thought I would start by showing you my current collection….
Aren’t they beautiful? There is a perfect pattern for any mood or any type of run.
I feel I should give some reasons as to why I wear dresses when I run and I need to frame this with the comment that I am NOT a particularly girlie girl. I rarely do my nails, only wear skirts or a dress maybe once a week (other than when I run of course), and never pluck my eyebrows (yikes – now there’s a confession). So why a running (exercise) dress?
- They are pretty and who doesn’t like beautiful things?
- They are outrageously comfortable.
- They are the perfect cut to hide anything that you wish to hide as well as allowing you to be modest about your shape. They are very flattering.
- They move well when you run, no tugging or pulling or riding up.
- You can wear any undergarments that you need – any type of sports bra, sensible underwear, yoga shorts (my preference) or capri pants. You can even tee them up with some full legged skins.
- You can wear a long sleeve top underneath or over the top. You can wear compression socks or arm warmers.
- You can wear them for any type of exercise that you like – yoga, tennis, cycling, running…
- You still feel feminine and gorgeous despite being sweaty and tired.
Now let me tell you why they are good in addition to the list above.
- They are made out of the perfect wicking fabric so they quickly get rid of your sweat.
- They do not cause chaffing, anywhere.
- They wash beautifully and dry quickly ready for your next run and they don’t hold on to the sweaty smell like some other running gear.
- You can wear them anywhere you like either before or after exercise or just because you love them.
- The “ruu-muu” that was designed for cyclists is perfect for us runners too as it has two pockets in the back that fit my iPhone snuggly (which doubles as my iPod) as well as having a pocket for a key, tissues and gels if required.
- The service that I have received from Enid, Ashely and Matt has been outstanding.
And the company, nuu-muu, have the following philosophy:
Here is a pic of the great pockets on the mid back.
And here are some pics of me wearing some of my collection. I have also bought some for my sister, two sister-in-laws, and some friends. Eyeing off a couple more in the current collection too…. *sigh*
Image 1 – Melbourne Marathon Half Marathon Event
Image 2 – Run for the Kids with my SIL
Image 3 – Run Melbourne
Image 4 – the best 10k race of my life in Toronto with two great twitter friends
Which ones your favourite?
What are you waiting for?? nuu-muu.com